Cobra Tactical Complete M16 Bolt Carrier Group - Nitride
- Fully Assembled Bolt Carrier Group - bolt, bolt carrier, gas key, gas key screws, gas rings, firing pin, firing pin retaining pin, extractor, extractor spring, extractor pin, ejector, ejector spring, & ejector pin.
- Each Bolt is HPT and MPI
- Not Stamped HPT
- Is Stamped MPI
- Cobra Logo proudly laser engraved on RHS
- Bolt is machined from Carpenter 158 Steel
- Bolt is heat treated and shot peened
- Installed extra length extractor spring for improved reliability.
- M16 Bolt Carrier is machined from 8620 steel.
- Gas-Key Bolts are staked (properly)
- Made in the USA (ALL OF IT!)
Nitride is a case hardening process, in materials like steel, are processed to allow the surface to absorb nitrogen. Quench Polish Quench (QPQ) and is sometime known as Tuffride. Tenifer, of Melonite. There are threes steps: (1) Nitro-carburize (quench), (2) Polish, (3) Post Oxidize (quench).
The benefits nitriding:
- Wear resistence
- Corrosion resistance
- Fatigue strength
- Deep black appearance
What we have learned: Our Bolt Carrier Groups are better. Why? Because we haven't had any returns. We are not seeing the early degradation that is prevalent on other bolt carrier groups and coating. Because our BCG's have minimal tool marks and virtually no tool marks on the lands, they tend to run smoother and quieter than those with visible tool marks on the BCG lands. And they also look better without the tool marks