JP Enterprises Adjustable Gas System MFG # JPGS-3
JP's Adjustable Gas System is an integral part of their "recoil management" system. Most rifles are over-gassed and the resulting bolt slamming effect is a very significant part of the felt recoil impulse, which impedes sight recovery. They found that controlling the bolt velocity made for a much smoother shooting rifle. This easy-to-install gas manifold allows you to tune your bolt velocity to a particular load and optimize the feel of your rifle. If you enlarge the gas port, it is possible to tune up or down in case you want to use reduced loads or in the case of some very short-barreled AR15 versions, which are somewhat ammunition sensitive. You may also shut the system off if you don't want to chase brass or give a hot brass shower to your neighbor on the firing line at the range.
The gas block also gives a very professional looking way to eliminate the front sight on flat top rifles are opposed to cutting off the existing front sight as a makeshift approach to that problem. T
The JPGS-3 model has a Picatinny top rail to allow attachment of quick-detach front sights.
- Full coverage around gas port providing improved seal and better heat dissipation
- True clamp-on design with three positive clamping screws
- Easy to access side gas adjustment
- Material: 6061
- Finish: Black hardcoat anodizing
- Weight: 2.5oz
- Length: 1.875oz
- Height: 1.650" (overall), .930" (over bore)
- Width: 1.23"
- Attachment: 8-32x1/2" socket head screws, 9/64 hex drive (includes 5/64" x 1/2" roll pin for gas tube installation)
- Adjustment: 6-32x3/8" stainless set screw, 1/16 hex drive (hex key included)